Friday, November 18, 2005

Photo Genesis

They used to photograph Shirley Temple through gauze. They should photograph me through linoleum.
Tallulah Bankhead
US movie actress (1903 - 1968)


We go today to get an "official family photograph". It will be the first official "family photograph" EVER. We have the obligatory Branson souvenir saloon shot, but we really did need a normal picture. Even if we do not consider ourselves normal.

Why has it taken so long? Good question. There are several excuses. Dear Husband has been gone for a great deal of time. My self imposed short haircut that did not do me any favors. Oh and lastly the baby/deployment weight.

So even though I have not lost much weight since Dear 'husbands return, I am breaking down, and taking one for the team.

Then of course there is the question of "what to wear"......I had decided on a color scheme that had included cream, chocolate, salmon, and turquoise. Dear Husband thought this was a very "gay" and ugly color scheme......So I change it to chocolate and cream. It was still to gay. So I finally broke down and gave in to our dear friend "black". Yep that's right, black sweaters, denim, and indigo......Not exactly original, but not nearly as "gay"....

I must add here, I am not photogenic, I do not like smiling, I have crooked teeth....I hate my teeth, so my smile will be censored. I also do not take a "good" photo. I do not have a "good side". If I knew I had a good side I would walk sideways and backwards, so everyone would see it. I am afraid I am that vain. So I will spend my day "worried" about the new family portrait. I will be so anxious and wacky by the time the photo is taken...I will look like a raving lunatic.......

I know one thing of course, the toddlers and Dear Husband will look gorgeous as always.

No comments: