Friday, November 04, 2005

Strength of Women and Good Mothers

It has been a hard week, for almost everyone I know. I haven't blogged on it, because it is simply too much and too hard.

My one really good girlfriend in town, has 5 kids. I have blogged on her before. Her youngest has Downs Syndrome, autism, and cardiac problems. While I was in TN, she was in the ICU, watching the Drs do emergency surgery on this little guys bowel.
She has been staying in ICU, all week, and this little boys abdomen was left open because of swelling. He is on a ventilator....And could use your prayers. Her strength through this is grace at its purest form.

I had a call this morning that one of my other girlfriends in town miscarried this morning. She too has 5 children. The pregnancy wasn't planned, and she was 43, but she was so excited and had resolved to become a great Mom again. I keep thinking of her today, and I should call her.

I did get good news yesterday, I got an e-mail from a long-time girlfriend back in Nebraska. We used to be inseparable, and now have become too busy for one another. She and her Husband have been trying to get pregnant to no avail for the last 3-5 years. One week out from adoption papers, and guess what, they are pregnant. 20 weeks now, she feels great, and she is obsessed with food of all sorts. I am smiling.

SO I have a lot to be thankful for, and I am going to spend the afternoon sniffing the toddlers hair, holding the little sticky hands, and be thankful.........

No comments: