Saturday, July 02, 2005

Night and Day

I've never seen a night so long
When time keeps crawling by
The moon is gone behind the clouds
To hide his face and cry.

Hank Williams

Some of you recall writing about my Father and Mother. They were married for 41 years and one day when my Mother lost her battle, with an even more stubborn colon cancer. So my Dad has spent the last 3 years in deep mourning, and depression. Working 12 hour shifts at his factory job he loathes. He was coming home at night, sitting in the darkness with a television as a companion. I do believe a broken,or lonely heart can kill a person.

Then this. Which has led, my Father to become involved with a very nice lady. She too a widow, which has worked out fantastic for them both. They have an understanding, about loving someone, and having them snatched away too soon. All of the plans, and dreams.....Left as that. They found each other just in time. It seems they were both ready to find someone to live out this life with.


He is smitten, and although I have not seen him, I have noticed a change in him in the last 9 weeks. He is smiling, I can hear it. So Cupid, you did good. You have made two people, and children, and Grandchildren happy!!



Night and day, you are the one
Only you beneath the moon or under the sun
Whether near to me, or far
It's no matter darling where you are
I think of you
Day and night, night and day

Cole Porter

No comments: