Friday, August 28, 2009

We have no mountains...


What do you do when someone comes to Nebraska?

How do you show them the very BEST of your state?

Well, you take them to the National Roller Skating Museum, that is what you do.

Quite possibly the quietest museum EVER. Tons of cubicles. I seriously want a job there...it was sooooooooo quiet. It was like a sensory deprivation tank.





.

Did we learn anything while there...? uh I am not sure, what I took away from the museum. I give it a 6 on a scale of 1-10. It was free, it was quiet, and if you were a skater it would probably mean something. I have not skated since I was 15? Maybe 14...and I loved wearing my jeans with the fancy skate embroidered on the pocket, holding my huge orange comb. I loved wearing a BIG Bonnie Bell watermelon lip smacker necklace around my neck. I liked ordering my prize soda when I won the limbo competition, which was a mixture of all soda, we called a suicide....

It made me think of all of those things...

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Gah, I wish I could log in to my own site!!! I have pics too...

FbL said...

Sarah, I don't think I've seen such happy eyes on your face... You are sparkling. :)

Guard Wife said...

So, when I finally come to Nebraska, are we going to have to find all new shizz to do or will we go to the roller skate museum too? If we do, let's dress the part--Lip Smackers are back, don'tcha know!

Some Soldier's Mom said...

sarah -- you look GREAT!! and... is that a bump I see there??? lookin' good!!! I hope your DH gets to see pics!!