Monday, August 24, 2009

first Day of 2nd grade and Kindergarten

(My hair keeps turning auburn, between the sun, and the chlorine! Ughh. I might need a swim cap)



L
Starting week 2 of school, and the house is SLOWLY coming together, and frankly it will have to go. I have not yet been inspired to kick it into high gear....

They are enjoying it sooooo much. We are thrilled. I am also thrilled Dad was here to see them off. I know it means so much to the kids that he was able to walk them in, and i think it meant a great deal to DH. He has missed so much, I take all of it for granted, and am even driven to the brink of craziness at times....but he has missed enough, where I do try and keep it in perspective.


I guess that is ok, or I am going to pretend it is. After all it is silent all day...I feel like a Momma Cat, who cannot get her wits about her, and trying to find my own stride.

Sarah will arrive tomorrow, and I am soooo excited to show her the city I love so much...I really do love it here. Although I know we are both perfectly content to sit and relax...

I wonder if she has seen Auntie Mame before?

Because she should....

I hope I can find something for her to eat...

I hope the crickets stay out of the basement....

4 comments:

airforcewife said...

Auntie Mame is one of my favorite movies of all time.

XtnYoda said...

Love the pictures! Thanks for posting them!

Give all a hug.

chuck

Army of Mom said...

It is funny how we take the mundane for granted and even get irritated by the routine day in and day out ... yet our spouses think we're the lucky ones.

I suppose we are and we just don't realize it most of the time. I actually teared up a bit today dropping off the kids I've been ready to get rid of all summer!

Sarah said...

Bwahaha. A big cricket joined me last night :)