Monday, August 03, 2009

Adventures in Motherhood...

I am pooped.

Saturday, my son seemed ok, a little tired, but he was up the night before so I thought nothing of it...

Red tent was staked, so I felt under the weather.

My Father and his girlfriend came for a visit, I made spaghetti, because I was too lazy to make anything else. Saturday morning at 1am, I am awakened by the sound of the tv turning on. Think movie "over the hedge" when the critters are stealing food in the middle of the night.

So I wake to find SR on the sofa, with the remote. "Hey dude, go to bed" I manage...I take him by the hand, and enter his room to find vomited spaghetti all over the place.

Yeee-haw. I managed to strip the bed, clean the floor, which I think is stained now....and start laundry. I put clean linens on the bed, and got him a bucket...uh yeah he was sick all night...

Yesterday he was better, just wiped out....

Today I am exhausted, wondering how anyone manages a household with a new infant who needs to be nursed every 4 hours or so....

How I did it, I have no idea...

Thank the good Lord, that the kids are so resiliant, because well mom, she is not...

Oh and the extra sauce I made, it is in the freezer, i do not want to see spaghetti for a LONG time....

2 comments:

Oddybobo said...

Ughhh. Sorry to hear that.

Anonymous said...

Hi! We have a friend in common...I'm the Good Christian Girl he emailed you about. I'm at thegirlzilla@gmail.com if you ever want to say hello! MP says amazing things about you! I love your blog, you are amazing....