Monday, July 31, 2006

Voodoo Child

Well, I stand up next to a mountain
And I chop it down with the edge of my hand
Well, I pick up all the pieces and make an island
Might even raise a little sand

~Jimi Hendrix

Just when I think Pink Ninja cannot become MORE autonmous, she suprises me. She is my thin, wiry, tough, no fear child. She thinks she runs the show. I am surprised she can walk, because she has her Father wrapped around her finger. Sometimes the laws of physics, can be altered if you are cute enough.

Two days ago I note she has acquired a new way of avoiding the word no.

I am lying on the couch recuperating, and she is doing something she shouldn't be doing. So I read her the riot act. In turn, she scowls at me, lowering eyebrows, and makes "go away", and "push" actions for minutes at a time. It is a dance with her, elaborate gesturing. It is mesmerizing, all of these hand gestures and body movements.

Now I must find the voodoo doll with the marsupial pouch, pins in the belly, and the bum knee.

No comments: