Sunday, July 02, 2006

Irony

At Casa De Dust.

We are on some sort of red alert here at the house. Apparently the U.S. Goverment thinks that illegals from Mexico (who have been slowly leaking in this country for hundreds of years) are a problem, TODAY Yes you have heard it right.

This is the reason for the shit storm here at Casa De Dust in the recent days.

Tuesday, we get word, that The Arkansas National Guard "might" be on border duty.

Tuesday night, we hear on the LOCAL NEWS Arkansas National Guard "will" have border duty.

So, we got more information from the talking heads on the local news than anywhere else.

Currently it stands that DH could possibly be gone for 3-6 months. We have no idea.

Here is the bonus, he has to start this duty almost immediately.

It seems ironic to me, that I will probably end up having to hire "someone from a certain Country to help with things like lawnwork."

Crap...

Looks like we here at Casa De Dust are on lockdown for the next 6 months. So, if you have HBO, could you tape Deadwood for me, could someone suggest a good book or two. I will not be going anywhere, as I will be single parenting again.

Yeah, I know he is in the National Guard, and I know I am lucky he is not headed to Iraq again, at least for now.

I was not prepared for this little curve ball at all.

I like to ALWAYS be prepared. I am cool as a cucumber.

This little surprise pissed me off.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear that. It will be ok. Stressful, but ok. If you need anything, you have my number!

Anonymous said...

*hugs* sweetie. Hang in there.

Unknown said...

Bug said to recommend a book so I'm going to recommend the same one I did to Bou. The Tontine. Long, long read, but filled with history.

Emily said...

Books! I can recommend books: The Bluest Eye (Toni Morrison), Their Eyes Were Watching God (Zora Neale Hurston), anything by Charles de Lint.

Peter said...

If we ever recover from the Vacation From Hell, financially I mean, the boss and I will have to drive over and take you and The Collective to lunch.

Richmond said...

Oh holy crap. I hope that it takes less time than they think...

Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

I'll email my number so give a holler if there's anything that I can do to help. Also, please let me know if DH's unit needs/wants any particular items: books, magazines, food, et cetera. I can put together some care packages. Just let me know.

Fermina Daza said...

Well that just sucks big monkey balls. You could always come HERE. the door is open although the house is a little chaotic due to the move but I'm hoping to remedy that soon. Dh will be gone soon enough and our kids can entertain one another while you and I sip mojitos on the beach!

As for books, try The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory or any of her books. They are historical fiction and are wonderful.


Again, this just sucks @$$. I am so sorry. Yes, he's not going to Iraq (yet) but gone is gone and it sucks.


- hfs