Sunday, July 02, 2006

Too Much Information AGAIN.....

Uterus, Ovaries, Menstruation...

Yeah that means you, if you do not want to read about any of this go now.

Yeah now.

Go away.

*I am pre-empting this with a note that says I am calling my gynocologist Wednesday morning*

One of my biggest female resources, my Mother-- is gone, and with each day that passes, I am finding myslef sort of "lost". My Mother-in-law, seems to empathize with my current state, and recalls her peri-menapause, and subsequent menapause. She says she can recall these symptoms.

I will be turning 36 on the 13th. This is young. This is not old. However I must say this.

I think I have struck the beginnings of perimenapause, or premenapause.

I also think it started in December. I have been trying to "ignore" it. But frankly this last period, well it about killed me.

My Mother sufferred long and hard with menapause, at least I think she did. At the time my Sister and I thought she was insane. Looking back with my current state, I think it may have been early menapause. I also come from a family where fibroid tumors, endometriosis, and female problems run the continuum from bad to worse.

It does seem odd to me, that I am having 2 periods a month, some months, feelings of anxiety (which is not the norm). Waking at night, so hot and so naseated I feel like I am going to vomit. Achey joints, mood swings.

Crap, 36, and perimenapause.

I had an appointment this past month with my gynocologist, and missed it, dues to absentmindedness(yet another symptom). So I know, I need to make another appointment.

However I really want to know, if anyone around my age, or anyone older can relate. Because I am starting to feel like a nut bucket.

36, and perimenapause, for Lands sake.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, sweetie, sounds like what I'm going through to a certain extent. And I thought I was young at 44! *hugs*

A Frenzy Knitter said...

Sorry about losing your mother! I lost mine 3 years ago when I was 34:( I am 37 and went through the same thing you are going through for about a year, but then they just stopped! However, even though I have no symptoms, I never know when I am going to have a period:) It takes up to 50 days before my next period, but I seem to feel good, and I am not having any aweful PMS symptoms:) I hope it gets better for you:)