Tuesday, May 05, 2009

project laundry....

I am folding laundry, again. The never ending job.

After we moved, I neglected my netflix, I started it again tonight!

We have been watching news practically nightly for the last year? Holy cow, well, news and DeadWood.

I figure we will be working our arses off in the yard, for the next month, until it is up to snuff. Right now the lawn looks fabulous! We have GRASS, bluegrass, not bermuda, for the first time in 8 years. I have grass the kids can run barefoot on.. In fact the other day I caught SR lying in the grass watching the clouds...

Today's lawn work included weeding. I am almost DONE with the flower beds, I also have all of the trees, and shrubs pruned, and trimmed. Well except for the roses bushes, they are tedious, and I think there are 6 of them, and they are good sized. The war on the butterfly bushes is OVER, and what a battle it was. Seriously. This is our 3rd pickup load of brush....

Tomorrow we are going to try and figure out where to put our veggie garden. The kids voted on strawberries. DH found a greenhouse the other day and insisted I stop in. He was right, it is fabulous, and they have wonderful large pots for the front porch, and back deck.

Photos are sure to come....

It is not 90 at night, it is cool, and requires a jacket. Maybe we need a little fire pit

2 comments:

Guard Wife said...

I need to prune a few things in the yard too. I thought I'd purchased really nice, new pruning equipment for the job, but can't seem to locate it. I should just go to the place furthest away and most inconvenient to the place where the pruning equipment will be used and that is likely where it has been stored.

I'm still debating what to put out in the long bed that runs the length of the back of my house. The soil is not the best & it doesn't get a great deal of sun. Hm. Maybe I'll need to ask my nursery guy?

Can't wait to see photos!

jck said...

Definitely get a fire pit. Nothing nicer than sitting out by the fire, listening to the crackles and pops, staring at the flames, counting stars and making smores. (Although I am not really a fan of marshmallows, myself.)