Saturday, May 09, 2009

Exhausted....

I have returned home to find a new chaise lounge on the deck! An early Mother's Day present from DH!! I hope it is sunny tomorrow, because I would not mind letting the sun see my flesh....I look like I have been having winter for 7 months. I would also like to sit and laze about.

Today my Father had a fish fry, with Canadian Walleye, and Crappie...it was delish...

We then loaded up the cars, and went to the cemetery to clean family headstones, and edge them. We took flowers to my Mother's grave.

Here are some photos of my Father scrubbing my Mother's headstone....and I suppose it is strange scrubbing your deceased wife's headstone, as well as seeing your own name on it...with the only space left being your date of exit from this World.





It was not a morbid visit, it never is for our family. It is certainly sad, as we were not done with my Mother yet...but we do believe she is with her creator. I also got to spend time with my family, and managed to hand deliver flowers to my Sister as well as a get well card.

I love going to my Father's house, but the visit was indeed to short

6 comments:

vet66 said...

HAPPY MOTHER"S DAY!

Families are forever as their memories live on giving us a touchstone to ourselves and our past.

Have a great day!

Guard Wife said...

So glad you had a good visit & that you are back. I missed you!!! Go hang out in the sun! It's nice here, if a little cool, but I'll take it. Anything to get those clothes on the line & into the drawers and closets!

Mrs. Who said...

That is one of the most touching Mother's Day posts I've seen. No, it's not morbid. It's love.

Happy Mother's Day to you.

Some Soldier's Mom said...

I think that visiting family graves, weeding, planting, & cleaning is a so-Midwest kind of thing... we do it whenever we are in the Chicago area at my mother's family's plot. As a child, I used to get creeped out by my grandmother kneeling on HER empty grave to clean & plant on my grandfather's grave... Now it brings me much comfort knowing that they are together again.

Linda said...

my husband does this to his father's grave every time we are in P'bgh to visit his family. We get a few bouquets of flowers. One is divided on his grandparents' graves, and the other is for his father. He brings a trimmer, shovel, bucket, brush and we all pitch in. Then we give him some time alone with his dad. It's never morbid. While that person is no longer there, it STILL is a tribute to them.

Happy Mother's Day!

Sarah said...

I've missed you. Stupid broken cell phone...