Wednesday, May 06, 2009

My Sister is SuperWoman

I swear.

I have written a bit of her story here

My sister bit the bullet this month, and decided to have a radical hysterectomy. Just too much pain to function normally, and exhaustion after dealing with so much pain every month. Well it turns out, she had a pretty nasty case of endometriosis.

She complained a bit of pain after surgery, she had more side effects from the anesthesia, a little nausea.

They performed this surgery through her abdomen. Guess what, she has not required any pain meds since 6pm last evening. NOTHING, not even Tylenol. Holy Crap, she is much tougher than me, i would have been a junkie on the morphine pump. She is also up walking, and showered etc....

She says, she feels "fine". Seriously.

She amazes me.

I will say this, for those folks that made her made to get this surgery done, because they did not feel her pain was bad enough....uh the fact that she was cut open yesterday, had organs removed, and requires no pain medicine, says a lot about how much pain she has been dealing with.....

6 comments:

Stacy said...

Dang, she is one tough cookie. I would be all drugged up.

Glad she is feeling good.

Retired Navy CPO said...

Glad to hear she's OK.

Guard Wife said...

Amazing is right. I'm glad she's doing so well now & I hope it's a remedy to the pain she was having.

Peter said...

Prayers up for your sister's quick and full recovery. My Linda Lou had that surgery done after the twins were born. Barring complications it just means the factory is gone and the playground remains.

Anonymous said...

Yowza!! I react to anesthesia too, so I can imagine she felt like a truck ran over her. But no meds is awesome!

jessica said...

dang, she is super woman! i, also, have endometriosis, hoping to get pregnant soon before a hysterectomy. kudos to her for not taking pain meds!