It has been a long weekend, a holiday weekend. and my thoughts continue to think of those families that have a lost a loved one in service to protect liberties all over the World.
DH is in the back yard this morning, teaching The collective, the proper way to catch and throw a football, I am cleaning up the kitchen after deciding crepes would be delicious for breakfast.
It is the simple things....
I have thought about these families today. I ache for them, as there is no simple any longer. Moments will be bitter sweet for a lifetime.
39th Brigade Combat Team deaths during Operation Iraqi Freedom II (2004-2005)
* Sergeant First Class William W. Labadie Jr. of Bauxite, Age 45. Killed in Action, 4/7/04
* Captain Arthur L. Felder of Lewisville, Age 36. Killed in Action, 4/24/04
* Chief Warrant Officer Patrick W. Kordsmeier of North Little Rock, Age 49. Killed in Action, 4/24/04
* Staff Sergeant Billy J. Orton of Carlisle, Age 41. Killed in Action, 4/24/04
* Staff Sergeant Stacey C. Brandon of Hazen, Age 35. Killed in Action, 4/24/04
* Specialist Kenneth Melton of Batesville, Age 30. Killed in Action, 4/25/04
* Staff Sergeant Hesley Box of Nashville, Age 24. Killed in Action, 5/6/04
* Sergeant First Class Troy Leon Miranda of Wickes, Age 44. Killed in Action, 5/20/04
* Sergeant Russell L. Collier of Harrison, Age 48. Killed in Action, 10/3/04
* Sergeant Ronald Wayne Baker of Cabot, Age 34. Killed in Action, 10/13/04
* Sergeant Michael Smith of Camden, Age 24. Killed in Action, 11/26/04
* Corporal Jimmy Buie of Floral, Age 43. Killed in Action, 1/04/05
* Specialist Joshua Marcum of Evening Shade , Age 33. Killed in Action, 1/04/05
* Specialist Jeremy McHalffey of Mabelvale, Age 28. Killed in Action, 1/04/05
* Specialist Lyle Rymer II of Fort Smith, Age 24. Killed in Action, 1/28/05
* Staff Sergeant William Robbins of North Little Rock, Age 31. Killed in Line of Duty, 2/10/05
I recall the following today.