Monday, March 23, 2009

Who needs television?

the weather here today was strange.

The wind has been fierce for 2 days, and from the southwest. Sunday I left a couple of windows open...we returned from church and I found my very $$$ print lying on the floor, glass shattered all over the place. the darn wind had pulled this heavy heavy piece right down to the floor. I was very upset, as we have a hard time agreeing on any art pieces. And of course it was one we both love.

Today it was windy as well....terribly windy with gusts up to 60 mph.

When I picked up PN from school, one f the minivans in the parking lot had something thrown into the window, and the darn thing shattered to bits.

I picked up PN, and returned home, and watched shingles being blown all over the place, the sky was hazy with dust.

And then whammo, the sky fell out, and buckets of rain came. Whammo again nickle sized hail. One more whammo and rain.

The entire afternoon was spent looking out of my window that faces west, and watching clouds roll by quickly, and listening to tornado alarms.

After it was all over, I looked out the front door to see a lovely rainbow...

The entire thing arched over the empty lot across the way, which was not a bad way to end all of the fierce weather...

PN is feeling better, I am on the other hand feeling a bit under the weather...

SR spent his first day of Spring Break at a science camp, and will continue to do so for the rest of the week.

3 comments:

joyce said...

awesome rainbow. sorry you are sick. windy here yesterday, too. and a green dust of pollen on everything from our oak trees.

Guard Wife said...

Oh, I hope you aren't coming down with something!!

It's that time of year again for sky watching...

Leanne said...

Aren't rainbows a great way to end crappy weather?! Somehow they make the yucky stuff pale in comparison. Hope you are feeling better soon.