Thursday, March 26, 2009

The hills are alive, with the sound of puking

SR spent yesterday in my bed, docile, watching cartoons, and sleeping on and off. He did not talk or say much Dh said. When I got home, I climbed next to him and we slept for a bit. I gave him a popcicle, and gave him a warm bath. As soon as he got out of the tub, he puked all over the bathroom floor.

I cleaned him up, helped him get in his jammies, and I tried reading him a chapter from Captain Underpants. He was exhausted, and had no interest. And then he said he was hungry. I went ahead and gave him 4 club crackers, which he kept down with a few sips of water.

We then carried him to bed. He is over 50 pounds now, and I had DH do it, as he was so floppy, and hard to manage.

He slept through the night, with no illness.

This morning, he woke looking pale, and feeling weak, but ready to take on the day it seemed.

DH and I sat here debating on what to do.....Do we take him to science camp? Only to get a call in a couple of hours because he puked?

We decided I would stay at home with him this day, and let him recuperate.

so far all is well he kept rice krispies and a few grapes down. I am not going to push anything on him. He is drinking, and managed to play a video game or two. Something he took no interest in yesterday.

I have given more hygeine pep talks in the last week than I ever care to again.

Wash hands, wash hands, wash hands.

I also have a can of lysol growing out of my left hand.

No comments: