Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Getting ready to head out....

My Father and his lady arrive tomorrow, I have a lot to do..A LOT, before we leave town, and we are leaving VERY EARLY Thursday. I must pack, and vaccuum, and make sure clean linens are on beds, all laundry is done. they also want to come, to see how in the heck I manage to pick up SR from school, along with the other 800 childrens parents.



Blog will be dark, I am not taking my computer on our second honeymoon, much to DH's surprise.

I will being going out to dine with the recently engaged Princess Cat, and her man. We are going to meet for Vietnamese food. I want to hear all about the wedding plans, as I plan on attending! Plus DH will get to meet her. The only other thing we have in stone is a visit HERE.

I will also being having lunch with AFW.

The Joffery Ballet is performing The Nutcracker at the Kennedy Center, oh and how I thought I could surprise DH with tickets! (they have cheap seats!) Damn cheap seats are sold out...Gah.

I am relieved the job hunt is over, and cannot believe I volunteered to start Tuesday!

Might as well jump in right?

I had to change PN's preschool, what a mess that was this morning. Nightmarish. The PreK I had a place for her held (with money), was available this morning, and then they called one hour later....saying they would be in a pinch.

Ughh....they are returning my money. And I was lucky enough to find another program, which sounds great. We go for a tour Monday. Nothing like cutting it close, huh?

I do not have much to add. I am excited for the new chapter to begin. I am anxious to have some alone time with DH.



I read this today...and it reminded me of a lot of things in this life...

Go over and offer some encouragement please, it just takes a lot of time.

Be good, when I return I have plenty to do to get ready for Christmas.

There will be baking, and preparing my home. We are having Christmas Eve here, with the family.

I am making my favorites

Apricot filled cookies.


Ingredients
2 1/2 cups flour, all-purpose
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup butter softened
1 cup sugar white
1 large egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup apricot preserves
Directions

Preheat oven to 300 degrees.

Mix together flour and baking powder and mix well.

Set aside.

Cream together butter and sugar.

Add egg and vanilla and beat on medium until smooth.

Add flour mixture and blend on low until well blended.

Dough should be firm.

Scoop tablespoons of dough, roll into 1 inch balls and place on ungreased baking sheets about 1 inch apart.

Using your thumb or a small melon baller, make a depression in center of each ball, creating a well.

Do not go all the way through dough to cookie sheet.

Fill center well with apricot preserves.

Bake 20-25 minutes until light golden brown.

Transfer to cool flat surface.


And Dh's favorites

Chocolate Crinkles

1/2 cup vegetable oil
4 oz unsweetened baking chocolate, melted, cooled
2 cups granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
4 eggs
2 cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1. In large bowl, mix oil, chocolate, granulated sugar and vanilla. Stir in eggs, one at a time. Stir in flour, baking powder and salt. Cover; refrigerate at least 3 hours.
2. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease cookie sheet with shortening or cooking spray.
3. Drop dough by teaspoonfuls into powdered sugar; roll around to coat and shape into balls. Place about 2 inches apart on cookie sheets.
4. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until almost no imprint remains when touched lightly in center. Immediately remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks.

I will also be making sugar cookies for the collective to help bake and decorate.

Let me see.....If I thought December was busy before, well it just got busier.

Hopefully I will get some photos of DH and I on our trip. If so I will post them upon return.

2 comments:

Guard Wife said...

TAKE PHOTOS...we need to see you enjoying yourself and meeting all those fabulous people for lunch and dinner (Hi, AFW!). I wish I could meet you & AFW for lunch at least!

Enjoy yourself. :) We'll catch up on all the fun later.

ABW said...

When we took the kids to DC (what they chose over Disneyworld), the NGA was at the top of Ab's list. After reading the book The Girl With the Watering Can" we had to chase down the painting and then look for other paintings in the book. She was in awe and the employees were so impressed with a 6 year old that was asking to see specific works of art. She told them about her book and they were so excited to help her locate and see her reaction as she went from painting to painting. Hope you are having a great trip!