Monday, December 08, 2008

Do you believe , in what you see?



Before I talk about any of my day....

I need to share something with you. I have been struggling a bit, as a Christian and this entire "have faith" thing. The job hunting has left me a little wounded, even if the wounds are on my ego.

Just this past Sunday, our Pastor spoke about having faith. "He has better plans for you, better than you can imagine". I understand that...I do

But be darned if I can not just smile, and think of Gods blessings....




I had the interview today.

In good news, they called back so I had a second interview about an hour after the first.

My gut is telling me, it is 70% mine.

They are supposed to call sometime tomorrow and let me know.

In good news, I had went knowing it was for 9-5 position, but with trepidation re: logistics with The collective.

Upon arriving the mentioned there was a part time position open.

My ears perked, and the hours they offered me, are flexible and perfect.

I will have to take SR to school 30 minutes early, school has a breakfast program, and it is 30 minutes. (He is not thrilled with the idea.)

PN will be able to go to a good preschool.

I will be able to pick them both up EVERY DAY.

I will be able to get The Collective swim/dance/gymnastics/ piano. (One activity at a time)

Ahhhhhh....

So now I hope they LIKE me.

I met my boss, she is a petite and adorable young woman, and was very understanding. My resume is confusing. And frankly if you do not let me explain it, it looks wild.

The time off to care for my Mother, My SAHM time.

So to those of you who provided a reference today, THANK YOU.

They promised I would her a decision in the morning.

By the way, it is 17 degrees are as I type.

5 comments:

Marc Miyake said...

This is indeed good news, and in more ways than one: two interviews, "flexible and perfect" hours, and a understanding potential boss ...

My fingers are crossed ...

Sarah said...

Sounds awesome and I hope it comes through! But what do I know...I think everyone should see how jacked and tan you are.

Anonymous said...

I have followed this saga. And I am praying for you.

"I know the plans I have for you. Plans to prosper and not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

And I am praying that his plans come to quick fruition. Been there, done that. (Actually I am still in it, but I am okay with it for now.)

Anonymous said...

Dude. Awesome! Good luck with getting the job that's right for you.

Anonymous said...

That's great! Good luck and I'm sure you'll do fine!