Friday, March 14, 2008

Trip to the Dr.....

I had an appointment this morning, as soon as I could get there. A follow up chest x-ray shows I still have fluid in bilateral lobes.....

nice...pneumonia remains. Which explains why I feel like shit.

also the weird spot remains. the Dr's guess it is probably an old lung injury, from possible aspiration, or even a car accident. They are scheduling a CT scan. It is a spot that has not changed in size and has been noted since last year.

Ok... first off I am healthy, I eat very well, I exercise, I take good care of my body. I take vitamins, I consume little in the way of processed foods. We RARELY eat out. I monitor what we put in our bodies.

I also have allergies, and live in a state/city in which allergies do effect me longer, due to rain, and mold, pollen etc....My children both have allergies, despite being nursed for 15 months almost exclusively.

I probably got some virus, either the Collective brought home, or I managed to catch myself after watching all ages of children in the nursery...

and then I got another virus.

the virus's causing inflammation, fluid, mix that with allergies...

yada yada....

No one is unhappier about it than I. I am fairly strong willed, and can usually frighten a cold off with "my attitude" about sickness.

After all I am a nurse, and frankly we are some of the most horrid patients I know....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude, I've been following your illness and attempts to get shit done, I really hope you feel better soon!! *hugs*