Monday, March 31, 2008

Thrilled to pieces.....

LOOK WHAT IS OPENING IN MY NEW HOME TOWN!!!

I am not a quilter, but would like to be, and am trying to figure out how to find the time for it this year...

I have 2 quilt tops that my Grandmother in the photo below made, that I would like to complete. I would also like to be able to enter one in the state fair next fall.

Look at the Collection!!

And they have classes!

I recall being in Washington DC. with Princess Cat and Mr. Blackfive, and dragging them to the textile museum, only to be disappointed that the quilt expo, which was supposed to be "quilts of the Oregon and Mormon Trails", was not there. I never did find it. And frankly the two of them thought I was insane walking around for hours looking for old blankets.

Looks I will be able to get my FIX soon.

Maybe I will even decide to have a Quilting Bee, and blogmeet combo like a true nerd. (However I will make it up to you by taking you to Cliffs lounge, home of 200 different kinds of kamikazi's....)

I thought it might be fun to get bloggers to make patriotic pieces to be quilted together to be auctioned off for Soldier's Angel's.

But first I need to learn how to quilt.

No comments: