Friday, November 24, 2006

Riddle me this


So where should I go today if I loathe crowds, am easily irritated with "joe America consumer", and am disgusted by bad driving?

The answer is: Black Friday

Yeah, call me and IDIOT.

However, if you read about 3 or 4 posts back you will note my digital cameras died. It was a first generation digital camera, about 6 years old. It was old. 2.1 megapixels, which was the shit 6 years ago. It was a Sony, and I was very pleased with it, even though after 6 years I think I finally figured all of the features and settings out.

Anyway, I NEED a camera, I use my camera daily. So it was something that could not wait.

So I found a very inexpensive "door buster" camera, with features better than my first generation camera for $59.oo. I am frugal. I am especially frugal. I woke, brushed my teeth, did not brush my hair, threw a cap on, sunglasses, DH made me a to go coffee, and I was out.

Well the damn things were sold out. Damn. I guess the company only sent 30 of these things to the store.

Anyway, I ended up getting the same camera for $20.00 more, at the fourth store I went to. Whatever, I needed a camera. And well $78 for a camera that is smaller, (smaller than my empty wallet) and more effecient than my old one is still a grand deal in my book. It also has video with sound capability. Which might come in handy with The Collective. Maybe I can start vlogging!!

So it is a done deal. I bought my Christmas gift early. I also went at it alone, no cart, no Collective. So, I can't complain, the trip only took about 1 hour and 30 minutes. And that includes a pretty decent drive into Little Rock both ways. I did not mess around.

I will say this, the black Friday shoppers are an odd bunch in my book. I saw a family of 5 women with matching sweatsuits, and little ball caps that said "shopping diva" on them. Ick. That is just weird. If you are shopping at KMart in matching sweatsuits, I do not know if that classifies you as a shopping diva.

I also saw several girlfriends in pairs shopping in pajamas. Shopping in pajamas? On the busiest day of the year? Is that odd or is it just me?

I heard a wife telling her Husband that all gifts had to be wrapped in siver and red this year, because they should match the tree. For Gods sake.

I overheard a lot this morning, and I need a shower....

Blech.

I know better than to go out on this day to shop.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I also saw several girlfriends in pairs shopping in pajamas. Shopping in pajamas? On the busiest day of the year? Is that odd or is it just me?

It's not just you. I find that very odd behavior. People are so strange. Not us, of course. But all those other people. :)