Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The food was nummy...






I decided to have Indian food for my birthday, so we went to The Oven in The Haymarket.

The Collective cannot seem to decide if they like Indian food or not. SR likes it more than PN. It is the different spicy, they can do all kinds of spicy, but I guess there is something about curry. They both loved the tandori chicken, chutney, veggies. not so keen on the spicy yogurts.

We went for ice cream yesterday too. There is a Zesto across from a Long Term Facility I used to work at, I had not been there for ages. I told the kids I would take them for cones. They wanted shakes, and let me know they were not thrilled with my choice of cones. I called them out on complaining about going out for ice cream. Seriously.

SR had a hard day yesterday, unsure why. He told me he felt out of sorts all day, told me his body clock felt out of whack..He has not had a day like this since school was in session...Normally I can trace this to an event, or artificial sweetener. (He does not do well with artificial sweetener, I do not allow him to have it) I felt bad for him, because there was nothing he or I could do to get him on track. Think of a car with one flat tire....just sort of bumpy and irritated, and no ability to fix the darn thing...


We dined out of doors last night, and it was lovely, the sky was turquoise. DH managed to get home from work before 8pm, which was unusual. He brought home chocolate covered almonds and colorful flowers for me.

I am calling a man about an antique bicycle today, it is adorable, and appears to be in good shape, it is aquamarine, and has a headlight, and basket...

1 comment:

Guard Wife said...

The bike sounds perfect!!

The ice cream looks delicious. :) Nothing like the twist ice cream in a cone. I love how you gave the kids the business over their kvetching over an ice cream treat. LOL You're a good mom. :)