Sunday, May 14, 2006

Sun Comes UP...

Ok, it is Mother's Day here at Casa De Dust. My DH took "the collective" for the day as a gift. AHHHHHH.....although I feel guilty that I slept until 9:47am, and that I am enjoying the peace and quiet. I am going to have my morning coffee, read the paper in peace, and then I am going to clean uninterrupted. Cleaning? Yeah a wierd way to spend the day, but it won't take me long because I do not have helpers. Then I am going for a 5 mile trek. The birds are singing and the sun is shining.

Mothers Day is a bittersweet holiday for those of us that have lost our own Mothers. We are grateful for our own children, and feel blessed to have become a member of such a fantastic group. However we do miss the woman that taught us how to Mother.

So, I am going to spend the day, assesing how the last year has went, what improvements I can make. Oh, and the most important gauge of all, how happy are my children and my Husband. That is the most important question of all.

So to my fellow Moms, enjoy the day. I hope you got to sleep in, or got your favorite breakfast, some flowers, some smooches...and some rest.

No comments: