Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Somewhere Over The Rainbow....

Someday I'll wish upon a star
And wake up where the clouds are far
Behind me.
Where troubles melt like lemon drops
Away above the chimney tops
That's where you'll find me.


~music by Harold Arlen and lyrics by E.Y. Harburg

I promised "the collective", we would go to the park yesterday, but it was overcrowded. Overcrowded, with the "Stepford Lilly Pulitzer" set. So, I promised them we would go today instead.

I woke this morning to perfect temperatures, a blue sky, sun shining, and birds chirping. A fantastic morning, kisses from "the collective", hot coffee. A great morning at yoga. Perfect. So I packed up "the collective", buckets, shovels, and a ball and we head to the park.

The park... And enlightening experience for me today. I guess Dash thinks "Mom" needs her "surviving coolness" checked again. (Although, I promise you it does not, being in labor took all of my existing pride, and vanity years ago)

So,all is well until I look out the corner of my eye, and see my son's bare butt, at THE HIGHEST point of all of the equipment. I also note, he is peeing of the side, giggling, and quite proud he can pee from such heights.

The "Stepford Lilly Pulitzer Set", yeah they had a few there, and yes they saw the entire thing. They were horrified. There was even a collective gasp.

For Christmas, I am asking for a hot tub.

*I deserve the hot tub, this is not the first time I have been embarassed by poor judgement in re: to the restroom example 1 example 2.

No comments: