Friday, May 19, 2006

Courage and Amazing Men.

I was just over at Gunn Nutt's place, and saw the fantastic photo of PFC Josh Sparling and his Father, I also read the letter. It is the MUST read of the day. I did have the good fortune of meeting PFC SParling and his Father, while on my first trip to Washington D.C. Bravery, strength, and courage were shown to me.

I also read this over at Andi's place. She writes this.

"On April 4, 2006, H.R. 5083: Staff Sergeant Carlos Farler Citizen Soldier Equality Act of 2006 was introduced in the House of Representatives. Farler, a soft-spoken Kentucky National Guard Sergeant, is the driving force behind this "proposal that would increase disability retirement benefits for reservists injured in combat." On May 11, The National Defense Authorization Act passed the House. The Act included language introduced in H.R. 5083. "


I also was lucky enough to meet Staff Sergeant Carlos Farler, and he left me speechless, inspired and reflective.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was a powerful, enraging, and finally, inspiring, read. God bless Josh and his Dad. Some good people really came thru for him; the rest....I don't know how they can even call themselves human beings.
Thanks for bringing this post to our attention.

Your site looks great, btw!

GunnNutt said...

I doubt that Josh would ever even think of being so cruel to anyone, let alone a disabled person. I hope many more "John Doe"s will always be there to show our wounded warriors how much they are appreciated.

Thanks for linking the story!