Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Tonight is make your Wife or Sweetheart dinner night!!

These are delicious, I promise

Las Cruces Chicken Enchiladas

1 cup onion chopped
1/2 cup green pepper chopped
2 TBS butter
2 cups cooked chicken
4oz green chilies (may used canned if fresh not available)
3 TBS butter
1/4 cup flour
1 tsp fresh coriander
3/4 tsp salt
2 1/2 cups chicken broth
1 cup sour cream
1 1/2 cups shredded mont. jack cheese
12 6 inch tortillas

You can bake, roast, or grill chicken....However you prefer. I typically use 4 split breasts for this.

Saute onion, green pepper in 2 tbsp of butter. Stir in flour, coriander and salt. Stir in chicken broth all at once. Cook and stir until the sauce thickens and is bubbling. Remove from heat, and stir in sour cream, and 1/2 cup of the mont. jack cheese.

Stir 1/2 cup sauce into your cooked chicken and mix in 1/2 cup mont jack cheese. Dip tortillas into remaining sauce to soften. Fill tortillas with 1/4 cup chicken mixture. Roll up, put in sprayed 9-11 baking dish. Pour remaining sauce on top and sprinkle with remaining cheese.

Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

..."make my wife dinner"...

"What did you have for dinner last night"

"My wife"

... and sometimes for breakfast, too... :-)

David said...

Similar to my own, but... better. Love the coriander! That'll make a difference! Hmmm. Las Cruces. Assume corn tortillas? (I've seen recipes calling for flour tortillas, but never cottoned to the idea for enchiladas of any kind.)

Anonymous said...

I see you entered this one in my friend Matt Rosenberg's "Respect a Chicken" contest - good for you and good luck! Oh... and DAMN but that looks yummy. I'll be giving this one a try.