Monday, May 16, 2005

The morning after

So Saturday and Sunday I spent thinking about my freak out. I was really concerned Friday night after I had been "outed" over cocktails. Concerned about my content, etc. Worried that things I have written could somehow adversely affect my husband professionally.

So my husband and I spent the morning after discussing the whys and what's of my blog.

I have given it a lot of thought, and I think I am ok here. I have not said anything that would hurt anyone. Although my brother would not want the world to know he is a pussy when he has a cold. I would also tell him that to his face.

The cheater, I mentioned no names, I spoke with the cheater and he knows my deal. He knows exactly what I think of his actions. I spoke at length with him.

I was worried about the language and I figured this, if people are put off my by foul mouth, they can exit my site.

I know my spelling, grammar, and punctuation are terrible. I will say that is the most embarrassing thing out of all.

I see most of these wives once a year, maybe. There is no information here that is damaging to anyone.

I asked my husband if he thought it could affect his career, he said no.

When he said "no", that was what I needed and wanted to hear. Looks like I got the green light.

I do appreciate everyone's input here. I am going to TRY and keep things as is. Although I am very self conscience now. Although I maintain the right to spell and punctuate like a first grader.

So I have decided to keep writing as I have been. I love it too much to quit.

13 comments:

Contagion said...

I think you made the right decision. You havent posted anything on here that *I* feel would harm your husbands career.

The Bobo Knitter said...

Yeah! I can keep seeing pictures of those cute kids!

LoveMyTanker said...

Good for you and all the rest of us that love your blog!

Tammi said...

THAT'S my girl!!

I'm thrilled with your decision.

Sue said...

Glad to hear it! You would definitely be missed if you decided to hang it up.

=)

Bou said...

Yay!

Anonymous said...

If military bloggers, some who are very high ranking, can blog about their lives and experiences(while not divulging sensitive or confidential information) without any issues from the Army brass, they they should have no issues with you.

In fact, the 3 military bloggers I know, with readership in the thousands, have only had a positive impact on their careers, and some used language stronger than yours.

I say keep blogging, if it becomes a problem someone will bring it up, till that time, I hope you keep blogging to your heart's content.

Michele
lettersfromnyc.mu.nu

David said...

I am glad you are going to stay on and blog, and good for you that you are concerned about your husband and his opinion and career. Lord knows sometimes I get passionate about what I am saying and just might offend people. But in my case I guess I am too old to care. HeHe

Katy said...

woohoo!!!!! You had me worried for awhile. ;)

Anonymous said...

I like that you identified the exact reason for your concern (husband's career) and discussed it with him.

He's a damn lucky man to have a good wife like you.

Rachelle Jones said...

I was not worried about my giving away National security. (I never discuss his "WORK".) I was more concerned about "the political " side of his work. I did not want him to be embarrassed or hurt by something I had written. My not so demure language, etc. He, heck WE worked to hard getting this far. I did want to be the reason for any sort of problem. The woman at the party that noted my blog is the new Commander's wife....yeah. I was surprised she found me.

Stacy said...

Keep on blogging. I am going to myself. I am like you, can spell, and can't write or say the right thing, but who the you know what cares.

airforcewife said...

Wow, I know just what you are talking about. I worry about that a lot. Especially talking about things we know through "osmosis", and what is appropriate to discuss, etc.

Lord knows there are enough vindictive people out there that you were right to be concerned, but if your hubby supports you then you are home free.

Um, bad language? Who can deal with deployments and NOT gain a potty mouth? I have to vent somehow!