Tuesday, May 24, 2005

On the mend

It has been a long day for the Pink Ninja. It appears all is well, "simple fractures" the Dr. Said. No surgical reduction, a cast for 2 weeks ONLY!! Thank GOD. She did well, seems to enjoy the medical process, and is not afraid of medical staff. She is wearing a multi-colored cast. I did not get the comment re: waterproof casts until I came home. I had no idea there was such a thing. Of course I bathed her tonight, after being in a hospital and a pediatrician office.....The GERMS.

Thank you all for your concern and thoughts, it is appreciated. She is fine, still smiling. She does not want to sleep tonight, her Daddy is rocking her right now.

6 comments:

Some Soldier's Mom said...

ok, some tried and true "tricks" (child psych). when the pink ninja argues about getting dressed... you tell her she has to get dressed but she gets to decide, "do you want to get dressed in 5 minutes or 10 minutes (now it's her choice) or "we're getting dressed now and I need your help. are you going to wear the blue pants or the pink ones?" etc. same with bed time... "what time would you like to go to bed tonight? 7:30 or 7:45? you're the boss, you decide..." it can fool them until about age 8 or 9... stick with it. it really works!

Sue said...

Glad to hear she's going to be ok! Must be a great relief to you all!

vw bug said...

only 2 more weeks! You are going to survive! Nice to hear she is doing better.

Contagion said...

Only two weeks? Man, you got off lucky. The shortest amount of time I was in a cast was 6 weeks.

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, what some soldier's Mom said... My sister was a childhood development major. Everything is dichotmous (sp?) choices. "We're getting dressed, YOU pick, do YOU want to wear the pink outfit or blue outfit?" I still do it with my kids. It can only be two choices... any more than that messes them up.

Bones complains about something and I ALWAYS say, "Look Buddy, it's your choice. A or B (both of which are acceptabe to me) If you don't pick, I will."

You probably do that already, but it did help for us.

OK, two weeks! Yay! And I don't know for sure about waterproof casts, I just heard they are out there...

Anonymous said...

I'm glad she's ok and it won't take long to heal! What a relief!