Friday, May 13, 2005

Freaky Friday, and fashion advice for a Troglodyte.

Today is just a big busy-ass day here at the house. Dear Husband has been out of town for 3 days with his job. We were up late last night "talking". *cough*

Of course after being up so late "talking", *cough*, the children want to wake at 6am. I am just plain tired.

Dear Husband is at work, and then off to Harley shop to take a final gander of the bike, and finish any paperwork on it.

He has to get here by 11:00 am because I must get my hair did for tonight. I need a color and a trim bad. I am amidst growing hair out (Always fun, am I right ladies?). When I got word of husband leaving, I had it all chopped off. Who has time to mess with hair when they are single parenting? No one was here to look at me anyway, except for the babies and they always think I am gorgeous. ( Dear Husband dislikes short hair.) I also must find time to do laundry, tend to these children, go through some mail, paint toenails and fingernails, bathe, shave, and get pretty for the Arkansas National Guard Officers Convention. Last time we were at convention some guy flew out of the elevator hit his head on a wall, started bleeding everywhere and pissed himself, so unless I can top that, I am probably ok.

I am sooo NOT excited about this, I would rather go out ALONE with Dear Husband, sit and be flirty and talk and laugh. I will be politicking all night. Which I can be great at if I am in the mood for it.

So my mantra for the evening will be "suck it up, smile, shut your mouth, act interested, and remember to be "good" for Dear Husbands sake. He has worked too hard for you act like a crazy bitch." This will be hard, it is hospitality night....Booze pouring everywhere.

Now for fashion advice from my readers. Tonight is a "casual night" I am wearing a very pretty turquoise sweater set with some lace at edges and beading and blue jeans. I was going to wear a skirt but reminded myself this is casual, I don't want to look like I am "trying to be super fancy"...Hence the jeans. Do I wear clear polish or a color. Also should I wear white open toe high heel sandal things, chocolate heeled boots, or black open toe heeled shoes?

Can you tell I rarely leave the house, and socialize anymore? I really could use your suggestions!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

"So my mantra for the evening will be "suck it up, smile, shut your mouth, act interested, and remember to be "good" for Dear Husbands sake. He has worked too hard for you act like a crazy bitch.""

Now THAT'S a quality wife :-)

Jenna said...

Do I wear clear polish or a color?

If it were me, I'd wear color, if I had time for it to dry, just because it's more fun than clear. If so, I'd probably go with either really pale or really dark (I prefer dark, but that's me). I'd avoid really bright colors with turquoise.

Also should I wear white open toe high heel sandal things, chocolate heeled boots, or black open toe heeled shoes?

Unless the lace on the sweater set is white and the jeans are really light, I wouldn't wear white sandals. With darker jeans, my preference would be the boots, but the black shoes would be fine too.

And good luck with being charming and supportive. I'm a major introvert, but I've forced myself to socialize for my extraverted husband's sake more than once. I know how difficult it can be.

Bou said...

I don't know your area of the world, but a black open toed shoe with either color or French Manicure toes, looks more dressy.

It is after Easter, white is cool, but what is your purse like?

Boots may be bigger where you live.. I don't know.

I go to these suck it up events all the time. I'm amazed how my eyes can glaze over, I get this permanent smile, and everyone thinks I'm having a good time, when inside I'm thinking, 'I so fucking hate this shit...'

Tuna Girl said...

Wow. You are asking the wrong person here. ;-)

But I say go with the color polish and black shoes, because jeans or no jeans, casual night or not, you want to look dressy. Just not too dressy. Like you tried, but not too hard.

Have fun!

Rachelle Jones said...

Fuck Bou I forgot about the handbag..I guess it will depend on the shoes. I have no time to go in today for a French mani-pedi although it would have been my preferred "look".

Contagion said...

I say go for the skirt anyways. Tight jeans look good a woman, but there is just something dead sexy about skirts. Skirts can still be casual, in fact jeans may be a little too casual. Also go for the black heeled shoes. Skirts with black heels are just dead sexy...

but that's my oppinion.

and your husband is right, women should have longer hair.

Caltechgirl said...

definitely the colored polish and the open toed shoes.

You know as well as I do that "casual" means "nice without looking dressed up" at these things....

I usually do nice top/sweater, jeans, and somewhat nice but simple accessories. I figure it straddles the line between nice and casual.

Bou said...

Can you forgo the purse? Put some cash in a pocket, Hubby keeps the keys, and all you need is a tube of lipstick... which if he has a shirt pocket, he might be able to slip in there.

I'm still thinking black open toed shoes with color, but I don't think you can go wrong. Black seems more 'nighttime' to me.

It's probably too late now... you're on your way out. We want to hear what you wore!