Sunday, May 04, 2008

Lord of the flies day here at Casa De Dust...

As soon as we pulled in from church today, the neighbor children were all out....awaiting The Collective's return.

The neighbor kids have been spending a lot of time here, which is fine with me. I have a couple of rules though...

Please send them in OLD CLOTHES, and do not expect them to stay clean...

My kids love playing in the mud, and frankly I could give 2 shits about it. As long as they are not fighting, I could care less, clothes/ shmothes, and kids rinse off pretty quickly with the assist of a hose.

I let my kids get dirty. we have an entire sand pit I made last summer. I also let kids play with the water hose, and make mudpies, sand cookies etc...

If your child is here, be prepared!

They will leave exhausted, and FILTHY. But I have noted, the dirtier you seem to allow kids to get, the less politicking, and bossing, and arguing happens...

and the kids were lined up beggin to come here and play today. I think it drives the parents wacky...


Dirty kids are happy kids...

I looked over at one corenr of the yard to find SR peeing on a tree, and PN at the other end, no shirt on lying in the wet sand, and mud painting herself with strange tribal children markings...

it was very Lord of the Flies...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a blast. I remember those days of mudpie making and tree climbing. *sigh* Those were the days.