Thursday, May 29, 2008

Last Day of Mother's Day Out, and that is almost a wrap folks...

Today was PN's last day of "school"...she just started a couple of months ago, when I decided to get the home ready for sale etc. but she took like a fish to water. She is my social butterfly, my little Mommy, she is the neighborhood snoop. She either has children here, or is over there, or is out of doors just waiting for ANYONE. So school was a piece of cake. She likes helping the younger children, she enjoys seeing other children we see at the gym, or at ballet, or from the park. I am guessing she will either become some sort sort of publicist, an event organizer, or a paratrooper. I cannot narrow it down yet. But she does not enjoy down time. She is the "on" child....


Today was the last day, and the teachers had tears in their eyes as we left....

She enjoyed them just as much.

Frankly I am surprised at how hard the goodbyes have been. I have been ready to leave here for quite some time. I tried to adjust, and did so for the first few years, but it was like sticking a square peg into a round hole. It just never happened. It never felt comfortable. Probably because we knew it was not forever....

But today it really hit me, that I was taking the collective away from the only thing they know....this is comfortable for them, and thank goodness for the resiliency of children. They will be fine, I have been reassured of that by folks that have transferred often with cooperate America, military brats that are now grown.



Goodbyes are no fun, and I am not good at them, they are a little painful.

One big one to go, my hairdresser tomorrow...

And that is going to be the hardest for me. She is my friend...

After my Mom passed, and I moved back here after caring for her, and I was a fresh Mom, and DH had returned the first time...he made an appointment for me to go to the spa. A massage, a hair cut and style, a facial, and a manicure...and they were done by my current hairdresser...

Her Father in Law had just passed away, and she had just moved here from New York. Another square peg in a round hole. We became fast friends. She has seen me through short, long, straight, curly, VERY SHORT, dark, and even an auburn phase...and now my hair is almost the same as it was years ago, and I am going back. the color now, is no longer for fun, it is to cover the gray I seem to be getting....I will turn 38 in a couple of months.

38.

We had not intended on staying here as long as we did, but I guess that does not make any difference now, we are moving, and it is coming fast. And it is what we wanted...

But as ready as I have been ready to leave this place. I am taken by surprise at how it tugs at my heart to say goodbye...

No comments: