Saturday, May 03, 2008

Hiking

I took The Collective to Pinnacle State Park this morning, for a hike, and play time....

pictures later...

In good news SR made it across the monkey bars...alone, without frustration. Success is good. I was proud as punch of him. He is not my physical child, he does not like risk, and monkey bars, as futile as it may seem to some...to SR a real challenge. I watched from the bench, and was actually tempted to go help him when I saw him struggle, but I did not. I waved, and gave a whoooo hooo from the sideline. He made it.

PN on the other hand, is my monkey child. She is my physical child, my aggressive child. Almost at the opposite end of the spectrum. She is confidant with her physicality.

After they were done on the playground, we went hiking, and holy moses. Despite my taking 2 sudafed prior to the trip my allergies about killed me. Not kidding. the culprit being random pollen, but also the wild jasmine....I have jasmine here, and can take it in small doses, but half way through the hike, found myself naseous, with a tremendous headaches, and unable to catch my breath....which has never happened. Strange things allergies. Damn jasmine....the bad part is, jasmine is such a great smelling flower, but seriously the scent of it was overwhelming to the point of sickness.....just strange. Lillies do the same thing, but I have never been surrounded by them like I was today....

ick....

I had to take benedryl upon my arrival home.....

ick....

No comments: