Sunday, September 11, 2005

Remember




I was at work the morning of September 11th, I was pregnant with Dash, and passing out the morning breakfast to my patients in the dining room. Whatever morning "news" show Katie Couric is on, was on the big screen in the dining room.

I heard the report that a plane had just flown into the WTC, and I knew. While listening to the TV personalities speculate, while showing footage of the WTC burning, I watched the second plane.

I stood in the dining room one hand on my growing belly with tears in my eyes, and feeling like I was going to vomit.

I knew at that minute, the World was a different place.

After my 12 hour shift was over, and on the drive home.... oh how I couldn't wait to be home.

On the drive home, I saw freshly hung flags, and freshly painted signs made by young and old hands.

I was so proud of US.

For the families and friends of those lost on that day, I want you to know...Our flag is fresh, and we have not forgotten your loved ones, or your grief. A grief that is so different than most of us will ever know, I know not how it will ever be resolved.

Dear Husband and I are still believers in making the World a better place, even if it is one bad guy at a time.

No comments: