Saturday, September 17, 2005

My Favorite Days are different now...

My Favorite Season used to be Winter go figure. Maybe I watched Dr. Zhivago too many times. I prefer Fall now.

Spring and Fall release days of the Speigal Catalog...ahhh I used to love those days. A fresh catalog, a cup of coffee and any chocolate, and I would be content for hours at a time, perusing the pages. Not so much any more, I have no where to wear "new clothes", I note some of the pages are missing, and there are pages where models are missing faces, and shoes have been scribbled out with bright purple crayon.

Oh and the other favorite day was "FALL BACK"...You know the day when we Midwestern folks could set the clock back and get an extra hour of sleep. The decadence of the extra hour. I imagine I will wake at 5am this year, the children are too young to notice the luxury of it all.

However, today was one of my favorite NEW kind of morning. Almost cool when we woke up, the kids and I went for a walk. They picked beautiful leaves off of the ground in shades of faded yellow green and hunters orange. They held hands. We went down to the school yard and I held onto the backs of their pants as they attempted to climb on the monkey bars. The sky was brilliant blue, and gas was $2.69. The toddlers threw their empty juice boxes in the garbage at the park, without being prompted.

No comments: