Thursday, December 07, 2006

My GRAIN...

I know, it is spelled migraine.

I woke this morning with a doozy.

Took my advil, drank some coffee, before my feet were on the floor.

Got The Collective fed, dressed.

Debated with myself "do I dare go to the gym?"

"Of course you go to the gym, it is December, candy, cookies...you lke to eat so go to the gym"...

I went to the gym. It was arms, shoulders, and back day.

Not good with the migraine.

Took 2 grocery sacks of books, and movies to the library. Did not check anything new.


To the commissary, 45 minutes away...

Grocery shopping, with a migraine, under flourescent lights...

The kids wanting to play the game of "I am touching you, I am touching you".

I hate that game. SOMEONE SCREAMS, SOMEONE CRIES.

"Please do not do this today, PLEASE, Mom had a headache, sing a Christmas song instead."

So The Collective sang Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer, while I pushed a VERY FULL cart through the commissary. Cute, but still ouch. Flourescent lights, crowds, each step feeling like a nail was being pounded into my skull with a ball ping hammer...

All of the patrons, sweetly smiling at the carolers in the jet grocery cart, meanwhile the Mother is pushing the damn thing with half closed eyes, and a look of nasea. I am sure all of these people, were like "Those kids are so cute...but that Mom, looks like she has been on a 3 day drunk."...

I called the pharmacy to get my imitrix refilled. The good news is. I have not needed the imitrix since May, while visisitng my Dad. The bad news is, the pharmacy transferred my script to Nebraska, so now they have to give me a new script for Arkansas...UGHHHH. So I am waiting for a Drs. order to be faxed to the pharmacy, and the pharmacy to fill it....

I also came home, to open the door, and I found a large, and lovely basket filled to the brim with candy, cookies, nuts, fancy cheese, and a ton of goodies. I was thrilled to open whatever the kids wanted, so they would just...SHHHH. So far the best gift of the season, quiet kids snacking on caramel corn, nuts, and cookies...

Thank You...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, bless. I can relate. Have suffered from migraines since I was 14 or so.

Can I overnight you some Imitrex??

Seriously.

Hope you feel better soon.