Sunday, December 31, 2006

Blessed

IT is the cusp of the New Year, and for the last few days I have thought a lot about the passing year.

First off, yes I am blessed, and I know I am. I am living my dream.

I am most grateful this year for HEALTH. Everyone has been pretty healthy. My Father scared us a couple of times, I had my own frightening health scare, but all in a all, no major illness or diagnosis that are life changing. Ahhhh.....

I am thankful that our spirit is good in the house, we all have bad days, or melancholy days, but the general spirit of the house is good and joy reigns most of the time.

I am thankful for my Husbands efforts at his job. He keeps trying to push the envelope and do what is right. I am proud of him.

I am grateful I am able to stay at home with my children. We waited a long time to have these children for this reason, and as much as I fuss about being at home, please note, it is usually done with a smile on my face. (EXCEPT for the plaster of PARIS thing, that really did suck)

My goals for the next year, well there are several...

I think they are normal and expected. They are just typed out, and are not in order...

-make exercise and nutrition a priority for the entire house
-go to church regularly
-go through those piles of crap in the kitchen that drive you CRAZY!
-photo albums, need to be done
-projects for spousebuzz, organize them
-become an instillation ambassador for military.com
-read at least one book per month for pleasure
-cook one new and different meal from a new recipe every week
-clean out closets
-clean out drawers
-organize a garage sale for the neighborhood this spring
-get children involved in the reading groups at the library
-the collective will take swim lessons this year
-work on activating my nursing license for 2007
-prepare Sir Rowland socially as much as I can for kindergarten
-make sure all paperwork for a possible looming deployment get done
-visit family back in Nebraska
-visit family in North Carolina
-a family VACATION is in ORDER
-loose 15 pounds
-date with Husband one night a month (even if it is a ride on the bike!)

Easy goals really. This year was fun, and enjoyable. My list not hard, just a matter of moving forward.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year! May 2007 be everything you hope it to be!