Thursday, December 07, 2006

December 7th, 1941

Go here to see a newsreel of events that day...

and we remember those who died, those that survived and are living....

Interestingly enough my Father turns 65 today. May Father was born on December 7th 1941.

We spoke on the phone today, I sang to him. The Collective told him "happy birthday Grampanio".

However, I couldn't help but think of my Grandmother today, most of the day. She gave birth to my Father on December 7, 1941. And I wonder if she knew what had happened that day, during her labor? The had no indoor plumbing in the town of 200, or so. I am not sure if they had a radio...

I wonder if they knew?

I recall being pregnant on 9-11, and feeling guilty, sad, and horrified.

I am going to ask my Dad, if Grandma ever spoke about her experience on that day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you find out if your Grandma ever told him about that day please let us know. I look forward to reading that post.