Saturday, September 02, 2006

Sometimes I am Veruca Salt...


Veruca Salt: "I want the world. I want the whole world. I want to lock it all up in my pocket. It's my bar of chocolate. Give it to me now. "
~Veruca Salt from Willie Wonka and The Chocolate Factory
It is the weekend, the back door is open. There is a breeze....ahhhhhh.

It will not be 110 degrees today. Which being a yankee has thrilled me. It even cools down when the sun goes down.

DH has today off!! Hooooray. The bad news is, he has to go in tommorow. Damn, that bomb was dropped on me last night. Hhhrrrmmmpppff. He has not had many days off. His schedule, crazy. Most people would have thrown in the towel. Most people would at least bitch. Not DH, he sucks it up and carries on.

Me, I am selfish. I want him home. I would like to function as a "normal" family, for like 7 days. HAAAA...

The other bad news, he is salary, so the extra hours. Yeah, they mean nothing.

So I need to take a step back and be supportive, rethink some things. Make his day off COUNT!!

24 hours just ain't enough. It just is not.

Especially, when there are projects both of us need to do sans "collective".

So I need to put on my big girl pants, and stop whining.

I need to recall the deployment again, and the lessons learned. There were many. Hell an 18 month deployment, there are at least the lessons. Honestly. YOu have nothing but the lessons at the end of the damn things. You promise yourslef you will do better, and be better...

Time to suck up chickie....just when i pretend I have no idea where "The Collective" get it..

No comments: