Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Project 2,996, what it can mean....

It is late and I am sitting here by the light of my computer screen. Amazed again.

Sometimes technology can be used in amazing ways...

When I first heard of project 2,996, I was very unsure if I wanted to participate. I was scared to try and memorialize an individual I did not know. Because whatever I would write, it was not ENOUGH. I also, did not loose anyone I "knew", but felt that profound sense of loss that most Americans feel. I really was trying to protect myself from losing another person.

A friend talked me into it, and I talked myself into it. I asked myself, if I lost my Husband, or Brother or Sister, would I want someone to think about them for a day, would I want someone to write about them? I really would....

So I researched Ramzi Doany and tried to do my best. Can I tell you, after I was finished, and I posted it, I did not feel loss. I felt, as if I had been lucky enough to meet him. I felt blessed in some strange way...

Tonight, I sat here by the light of my computer, checking my e-mail, when I note an e-mail from Ramzi's sister.

She was gracious, and was very pleased to hear of the 2,996 project. She was glad that his life has not been forgotten, and she thanked my Husband for his military service.

No comments: