Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Midwestern Wife cooks Indian food

First off I will preface this by saying I am a decent cook. Although I specialize in "farm food, country food". You know, meat and potatoes type cooking. I also only use recipes during baking, never while "cooking". So, this week along with my short list of cleaning goals, I had promised myself I would try and cooking Indian food.

This means curry powder, ginger, cinnamon, mustard seed, garlic, coriander. Can you say intimidating?

So I gathered about 5 different recipies and went for it, without measuring, without following any recipie exactly.

I cooked with my nose, and when the house smelled like an Indian restauraunt I knew I had it right.




It was delicious. Dear Husband gave me an A, and said I would have scored better if wearing a sari while presenting said meal.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks yummy... send some this way!