Monday, January 30, 2006

Position of the Week #12

-Your own positive future begin in this moment. All you have is right now. Every goal is possible from here.

But even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. Take the first step.

Whatever you undertake, do it with full intent to succeed. Cynicism fails itself. Stick to your path, facing difficulties with positive humor.
Concentrate, proceed, and succeed.

-Lao Tzu Tao Te Ching 600BC (A warrior blends with life)





- Pose: Wheel or Urdhva Dhanurasana. This pose is the culmination of the work done in introductory backbending poses, such as Ustrasana (Camel Pose), Urdhva Mukha Svanasana (Upward-Facing Dog), Salabhasana (Locust Pose), Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose), and Dhanurasana (Bow Pose). Urdhva Dhanurasana is also preparation for the more advanced backbends, such as Dwi Pada Viparita Dandasana (Two-Legged Inverted Staff Pose), Kapotasana (Pigeon Pose), Vrschikasana (Scorpion Pose), and others.


Last week I led my first 2 yoga classes ever. It was a frightening prospect for me. I did realize "my practice" was not the problem. Public Speaking was the problem. Yeah me, the talker. About 2 minutes away from class, I had a small anxiety attack, called my Dear Husband and said, "I know why I am freaking out....It is like a demonstrative speech class." He said "yeah". He knew this was the problem. I thought it was my "level of practice". It was not. The talker afraid to talk.

So I meditated briefly before class, and convinced myself, that talking a lot was not necessary. I just need to lead class. I also remembered that the ladies in my class had enough confidence to ask me to fill in for our instructor, so I needed to have the same confidence in my ability.

The classes went well. I want to do this.

No comments: