Friday, January 06, 2006

Holding Out For a Hero

(Lesson: never say never.....a Bonnie Tyler song from the 80's that you always hated may come in handy)


I need a hero
I’m holding out for a hero ’til the end of the night
He’s gotta be strong
And he’s gotta be fast
And he’s gotta be fresh from the fight
I need a hero
I’m holding out for a hero ’til the morning light
He’s gotta be sure
And it’s gotta be soon
And he’s gotta be larger than life



Yesterday, I spent a great deal of time "looking for my keys". Drawers, shoes, boots, toyboxes, my purse, in the vehicle, in the yard, couch cushions, fridge, pantry, under every bed, clothes basket, you name it, it got searched. All day I knew the darn things had to be in the trash. I just knew it. I do not loose things. I ALWAYS put my keys in the dish by the back door. I also knew, the keys did not wander into the garbage and knew Pink Ninja probably had something to do with it.

So last night I am in a lovely bath bath of lavender and oatmeal. It was a much needed bath, a long day. Lots of errands had to be missed due to missing keys. It was a long and frustrating day. SO I am soaking in the tub, and Dear Husband walks into the bathroom with up to the elbows "disposable deer gutting gloves on". I immediatly wonder why on Earth he is donning these things, I wonder what he has been reading or thinking. We have been married for a while, but really that is beyond me.

However, I caught a glimpse of my library card attached to THE KEYS!! Dearest had dug through nasty garbage and found them!!!

"Ahhhhhh, my keys thank you....I owe you one babe."

***note to DH**** the gloves are weird, but whatever I owe you one.

No comments: