Monday, June 01, 2009

I am now jobless...

I celebrated my last day at work.

I am officially on hiatus.

Tomorrow I will spend the day CLEANING my home while the kids are in school. That is the first order of business. I need to clean my home. I see dust on a ceiling fan- ewww. I also must get my closet organized. There is a lot of organizing that needs to be done. (I am expecting company several times this summer, and I would enjoy getting piles of school projects organized, pantry organized, as well as the cold storage area in the basement. Go me! There is also that room in the basement, that I think I may want. I think a small room for Mom, might be in order.

Also the laundry I had caught up on, uhhhh yeah no longer caught up. So I am going to try and clean during the day, and do laundry in the evening whilst watching a movie.

Finally found good Vietnamese food in town! What a relief, DH took me to lunch before I headed to Utah for SpouseBuzz. I had Springrolls, and normally I would order bun, but ordered something new. I prefer bun.

DH also finished mulching my garden while I was gone! Thank you DEAR! He also got a ton of river rock, and started that project. (He said moving river rock will kick your butt)

SpouseBuzz was a good time. I did recharge, and have a couple of ideas I should be able to think about, now that I know longer am working 30 hours a week. We had 1 WWII wife in attendance, when she was introduced, all folks were giving this lady a standing ovation! It made my eyes well up with tears. Frankly the SpouseBuzz events are highly emotional. This event was that, for sure. I am reminded I am lucky to be given such a broad perspective from so many different people. I am blessed to hear so many stories...

I am putting myself on computer probation tomorrow. If I wake early, I will get my usual 30 minutes, of checking emails, etc....I also promise to only go online if i finished a decent sized project. I only have a few days where both of the children are in school, this is a good time to hit the ground running!

3 comments:

Retired Navy CPO said...

I'm officially jealous.

Some Soldier's Mom said...

send me yr cell no. or call me on mine... make a list of tasks (not the whole job) that are doable in an hour +/-... that way you can cross at least one thing off the list every day but some days LOTS of things will get xxx'd out!

D. Skippy said...

OHHHH! Where is this Vietnamese place? I haven't had good steamed buns in ages.

Wow, that just doesn't sound right...