Tuesday, June 23, 2009

summertime chicken...

I think I have posted this before, but will again.

It is summer, and since I am not working, we seem to be on the go, it is also HOT out.

I do not like running the oven in the summer, as it heats the house.

Last evening we returned from the pool, and the kids were STARVED. I grilled burgers, and we ate them up. However quick and easy meals that the kids will LOVE to eat, well sometimes I am not in the mood to figure it out.

Tonight I am making them their FAVORITE.

crockpot chicken

1 cup brown sugar
1 can Coca-Cola
2 medium onions, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, minced
2 tbs. soy sauce
salt and pepper to taste
2-3 lbs. of chicken wings or ribs
In a large bowl, combine the brown sugar, Coca-Cola, onions, garlic, soy
sauce, salt and pepper. Stir until mixed. Place chicken wings or ribs in sauce mixture.
Throw in your crockpot on high for 6 hours. To thicken sauce, mix in a cornstarch mixture.

Throw in your chicken, any parts..I am using drumsticks because I am FRUGAL, and the kids love them. I will pair this with baked potatoes, and broccoli or asparagus.

I would rather be playing with the kids than cooking...

2 comments:

Guard Wife said...

Wish I had seen this earlier! I will definitely be trying this one.

The girls love drumsticks too. I have been baking them in the oven. Cornflake crispy ones for M2 and BBQ for M1 and myself.

Peter said...

I'm printing this out, this week chicken leg quarters are on sale. Oooh, and Blue Bell Ice Cream.