Wednesday, February 20, 2008

We have returned to the forrest, and boy is my ass tired...

First off....my head is full. I will spend today sorting garbage in and garbage out...

Houses?

We found one.

First off, I must mention here for those of you who do not know me, I am practical.

House hunting is nt "fun" if you are me.

All I see is money.

In good news I know what I do not want.

I do not want a multi level home.

A ranch with a basement is fine by me, and I think DH was also convinced it is the way we live as well. I do not like fussy, I do like a very open floor plan.

So there is that....

We found one home that suits our taste, after looking at what felt like a thousand homes. So we will see.

I have decided to use a reltor to sell. The market is too hard, and my neighbors house is sitting unsold for about 8 months.

That is the good news.

Lincoln has GROWN, since we have been gone. WOW....

We are pleased that where you buy is where your school district is. Which thrills us. There is no bussing. Which means your school is a part of your community, they are close, and Lincoln has always made education a high priority. the are we are looking at has an elementary school every mile or so. The city is as clean as I remember.

When we entered the state, it felt like home....which was the best feeling.

My family back home is excited as all get out, and each were extrememly helpful, my Brother even took a day to watch PN and cousin Curl so they could play while we looked at homes with SR. My Sister in law cooked, and even provided me with a glass of wine! All look great, and my Dad came down 2 days to see us.

The kids got to play in the snow. We had a snowball fight, my Brother (who played baseball in college won), after i encouraged him to throw harder because he kept missing me. Note to slef....do not call Brother a washed up baseball player.

It was cold, and we tolerated it fine. PN LOVED the snow, layed in it, ate it, and acted as if she was at the beach...

All is well, and now I need to go back to the grind....prepare, pack, sell...

OK I am off to read about you!

2 comments:

pamibe said...

Sounds like a great trip! I've never been to Lincoln but have driven through the southern part of the state. Wide open skies. :)

Journey said...

That sounds like great fun!

The most snow we had here was about 1". In order for my son & I to have our snow ball fight last week we had to scrape the accumulation off the cars. It took snow from half the hood and the windshield to form a decent snowball.

Still, I don't mind it at all as I don't like the cold. Hope you're feeling better from your pneumonia and that PN is done with her cough.