Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Perception is aqua marine....

I had the good fortune of being asked serious parenting advice today while at the library at story time, by a gal I am friendly with.....

I seriously laughed, and about fell out.

I told her she should have asked me 7 years ago, before children, because I had all kinds of advice then...

Now? Teee Heeee.

I told her we were lucky to all to be wearing underwear when leaving the house.

She said The Collective always seems to be well behaved, and I always seemed to "look like I had it together"...

I laughed again and told her to look at my shoes. My left loafer had baby powder on it.......and I told her about PN riding the garage door. I invited her to my home, so she could see toys on the floor, finger prints on everything that would show them, a fridge that needed to be cleaned, laundry in a basket awaiting my magic touch....it is just life. Most of us with children live that way.



I then told her parenting, is just tough, and every Mom, feels as though they are failing 70 percent of the time.

Parenting is not like they show it on TV, it is not for wussies. Whatever you need to work on, the Good Lord above will make sure you learn that lesson through your child. If you need to have empathy for other parents, you will receive. If you need to learn patience, you will get the slowest and most deliberate child on the planet. If you need, it will be provided. It is yours to work out. And at the end of the day, most of us would like a redo of a portion of the day, or we would have handled things better....

No comments: