Tuesday, February 12, 2008

learning to say no, and dealing with the downpour of guilt....

It has taken a long time for me to learn the following words.."no".

Now if I can figure out how to get over the guilt that is associated with letting that word spill from my lips.

With our family being on the cusp of a move, it seems as though I am busy.

So the other night, after weighing the decision for weeks in my head, I announced I would be unable to help at AWANA on Sunday nights.

Sundays have proven to be the busiest day of the week for us. And the AWANA volunteering took 3 hours of my time on Sunday evenings.

I try and make sure The Collective know, that living in a community means that they give as much as they take.

Well, the three hours just aren't possible for me any longer.

DH will be leaving soon, and I will be single parenting, packing, painting, trying to sell the home etc.

I quit, to save my own personal sanity, because my sanity is important. It is. and i know that. I must have my own back.

So now I have my 3 hours back on Sundays, and The Collective will still be in club.

I will tell you, I wish I could just say no, without offering a 1 hour explanation. I have not learned that yet.

No comments: