Wednesday, February 27, 2008

like a cat in a tree




OK, last night at 8:45 pm I climbed out of my tree.

I get all riled like a cat, and I will climb to the highest branch and meow for hours. Eventually I get tired of it and jump out. So I am out now.

I met with realtor #4 last night, who i also an appraiser, just to figure out the current market, etc. I also found out, I do not need to fix anything on the inside, I do not need to update anything. He is sure it will not effect my asking price. So I had talked myself into a tree. There are things I insist on doing. Because it is what I would want done for myself.

I also climbed up in the tree because of chats I had with 2 other realtors over pricing. They had undershoot my asking price by almost $11,000. Without even seeing my home. All new appliances, cupboards, mantle, tile....a 2 1/2 car garage. Which may not sound like much, but we are in a first time buyers market and $11,000. Well it is a lot at the end of the day. so by the time I would pay them.....well I was looking at making very little money.



All is well.

I am going to try and sell the house myself. I have interested parties contact me already. If things go to the shitter I will contact him.

The realtor wants about 6%. That is a hearty fee indeed. I am frugal, and am excellent with money. When I see 6%, well that is a lot of cash to a stay at home Mom.

Anywho, I am back to my old mantra "one piece at a time"



I can only do what I can do.

I can only do one thing at a time.

I am awaiting my appraisel from the fix it man, he was supposed to get back to me last night. He did not.

Back to sorting and packing.....yawl.

My blog is where I go to empty my head.

No comments: