Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Return to the foothills of North Carolina...

"Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "what?! You too? Thought I was the only one."

~C.S. Lewis

I have returned to North Carolina, to find The Collective taller, dressed n new clothing, secreting syrup...

Yes they loved spending the weekend with Grandma and Auntie.

I of course am in the foothills, and continue to struggle with all sorts of tech. issues. No wireless, no cell service.

I will say, SpouseBuzz Live 2 went well. As always, it is unrehearsed, and a sort of open chat between panelists, and attendees. Unrehearsed, and unedited...well that can really make me nervous. I am sure it also makes some of the other spouses nervous. But for some reason after opening ones mouth for about a minute. The "fear, real or pretend fades."

Military wives, are learning, there is no such thing as ideal or perfect. In the end it is doing the best for you and your family that matters. Learning that lesson, comes with bumps and bruises, like everything else in life. And having to pick yourself up, without the help of your spouse, well it can be empowering. It is good to share these sorts of lessons with one another. A sense of community, online and otherwise is important.

Military.com, really was great at supporting and organizing the event, and understanding why this is important. This military wife thanks you.

I am unsure how connected I will be for the rest of this week.

We are headed to the ocean for a few days, kites, buckets, shovels, swimsuits, towels in tow. I have not been to the beach in ages. It will be nice to be with all of the family....but my heart is a little sad as DH remains in school, and will miss his children's delight in seeing the ocean for the first time. I will miss him too. And he will miss seeing his wife in her new red swimsuit, unplugged and at the beach....RELAXED. Darn....

Do not worry baby I will take lots of photos. Pink Ninja picked out a swimsuit that has a sparkly turtle on it, it is purple with white polka dots!! HA! Adorable!

I am still not finished talking about the milblogging conference, or San Diego! So stay tuned!

If any of you attended SpouseBuzz, leave a note at SpouseBuzz, we want to hear what you thought of the event!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I truly hope you all have a really great time.

michele/lettersfromnyc.mu.nu