Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Building bridges and getting your hands dirty....

The 2007 Mil-Blogging Conference was fantastic. I walked away very inspired by each person I met.

It served as a great reminder to me.

We each bring something unique to the table. I think it is a great time to re-evaluate oursleves, and our own talents, and abilities. I have been reading several posts about how the weekend was so inspiring to each of us.

I think one of the best things I personally took away from this years conference was that of building bridges, to the general public. After all we can scream all day in our own blogs about our frustration, but after a while, we really are preaching to the choir. Particularly, those of us whose readership does not span far. *cough*

I think there are a lot of bloggers that will be able to build Big bridges with those in the media, because that is a war that needs to be fought. The information war is a real one.

I think there are those of us, that can remind people that war has a face. The spouses, Mothers, and Fathers can offer a unique voice to our fight. Because I think it was SSM, that reminded me that less than 1% of the United States population serves in the military.

It is up to us, to educate, inspire, and inform the public.

It is time to take it out of the blogospere. Myself included.

We all have an interest to protect. It may be your friend, or a military child, a parent, a soldier. We really need to support and advocate for those who may not have a voice.

Building bridges, will take time, if we do it right.....

I know your talents, I know some of you are great letter writers, cooks, public speakers, seamstresses.

You are important. And you are needed.

I think Andi gave me a unique opportunity when she invited me to write at SpouseBuzz. SpouseBuzz being sponsered by military.com gives us a big audience, and the ability to offer experential understanding to one another. To know you are not alone, is a gift. And the authors at SpouseBuzz are an amazing group to be affiliated with.

So I have decided to really get moving on a couple of projects that I have been working on at a snails pace. It is frightening to begin a new project, and to start something new. However, there is something even more frightening, and that is regret. I do not want to sqaunder any opportunity, only to find myself standing on the sidelines.

Some of you send e-mail and comments asking what you can do to help the troops.

I think one of the easiest things you can do, is write a note of letter and support. It takes a few moments....

I would also like to ask you to start helping build the bridge. Take the inforamtion to your workplace, church, families, childs school, or daycare...etc.


I have met Mary Ann from Soldier's Angels twice now, and I am impressed with her heart and efforts in Germany. She is a hard working, and I know would love to recieve support!

Write Patients in Germany
The Soldiers' Angels have adopted the Combat Support Hospitals in Iraq and all the Military hospitals worldwide. Soldiers’ Angels Germany supports the patients at Landstuhl Regional Medical Center. See About Medical Evacuations to Germany.

You can write letters and cards of support and encouragement to the wounded and ill troops who are being treated in and transitioned through medical facilities in Germany.

Your cards and letters will be included in Transitional Backpacks or separately as needs dictate, but in both cases distributed directly through Soldiers’ Angels Germany. You may want to include your name, address and email address in your letters.

Suggested salutations: "Dear Soldier", "Dear Hero", "American Hero", etc. are all fine!

Please place unsealed cards and letters with "Dear Hero", etc. written on the outside in a single larger envelope and send to:

21st TSC, Medical Transient Detachment
ATTN: Soldiers’ Angels, MaryAnn Phillips
UNIT 23203
APO AE 09263

Important:
- Please notify us when items are shipped.
- Include a note with your name, Email address, and short description of items sent in your packages. Without this information, we regret will not be able to confirm their receipt.
- Receipt confirmation may take up to 5 weeks. Thanks for your patience.

Thank you for your support.


Let me know how many letters you write and send!!

1 comment:

Soldiers Angels said...

Brillinatly said,
It was great meeting you,
Love
patti