Monday, February 09, 2009

RIP Lux Interior

The Cramps frontman passed away the other day, at the age of 62, due to heart problems....

this information found out via Boudicca, whose brother TN knew I was a fan.....





How original were The Cramps?

Well here a performance taped from the Napa Mental Hospital 1978, the patients are all dancing and having a wonderful time!



I have posted several videos and covers from The Cramps over the past 4 years...

and I recalled writing this about seeing them LIVE at The Ranchbowl in Omaha...

Reminds of the time I was lucky enough to see The Cramps in November 1997 at The Ranch Bowl in Omaha, Nebraska. Yeah, The Cramps were in Omaha.....Never ever thought I would have gotten to see them. It was probably one of the best shows I have seen live. Most memorable concert experience ever? Me walking right next to a leather and fishnet clad Poison Ivy, and Lux Interior as they made their way through the very Nebraskan bowling alley. Surreal.


Let me add when I broke the news to DH, he too was sad, and then said "that means Poison Ivy is available?" and then he pretended to head for the front door...it cracked me up, as who did not love guitar playing Poison Ivy, and wife of Lux Interior? May her memories bring her comfort....

No comments: